Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Cinco De Mayo Healthy Mexican Food!


Cinco de Mayo falls on a Thursday this year, but hey any excuse to eat tacos right!

I also found these if you are celebrating at home because why not: 

 

My all time favorite Mexican meal to make is probably White Enchiladas (see recipe here) and they aren't too difficult but we are talking about a Tuesday night people, so let's talk easy, and quick!

A regular occurrence at our house are tacos, but if you are on a constant diet like I am then you will need some healthy options for Tacos. I mean bikini season is upon us people. There are a few modification that you can make so that you can still enjoy the delicious taco flavor without all the calories and bloat. Also these are super easy. We seriously probably make this for dinner once a week at minimum. 

First you are going to switch out ground chicken or turkey for the ground beef. (If you can't do this try doing half and half to get used to it. I also suggest the half and half method for getting husbands/picky kids to eat whole wheat options). 



Cook the meat just like you would ground beef, and drain. Add your favorite taco seasoning pack (or you can make your own) and about a cup of water. Simmer and stir frequently. Next in the last 3-4 minutes of cooking I add a can of Fat Free Re-fried beans. This adds some fiber and to be honest just makes it taste better, in my opinion. 

Brown Turkey



Cut up the veggies of your choice and your meal is done. You do have the option here of forgoing the taco shells. 



We do this pretty frequently and just eat it as taco salads (less carbs and calories). I will just top with a little salsa for dressing. YUM-O!! Feels like your are eating bad and you really aren't!


I added raw corn to mine. Sooooo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your input, ideas and comments. Leave some below: