Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Easy White Chili - Weeknight Dinner? I think so!

Ok, so I'm always saying how all these dinners are super easy...well this one is the easiest one yet! I'm calling this a stew because it is thick and hearty. Perfect for a chilly night.

We had some sausage in the freezer so I de-thawed it, and then put it in a stock pot to cook it up. Once it was cooked I took it out and poured in some chicken stock and stirred up the sausage bits in the pan. When the sausage was cool enough to handle I took the casing off and chopped it into little pieces. Then all the pieces went back into the pot. Next I added 3cans of great northern white beans with the juice and let it boil away. I also seasoned it up, you know I put some cayenne in because I like spicy, but you can add whatever seasonings you like here. After it simmered for about 20 minutes we ladled it into big bowls and served it up with some cornbread.
  • 3 cans of cannelini or great northern beans
  • 1/2 pound of sausage (any kind you like)
  • 1 box of chicken broth (32 oz)
  • seasonings to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your input, ideas and comments. Leave some below: