Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Cajun Chicken Pasta

OMG! Sooo Good!



Before I begin I want to give credit where credit is due, I love The Pioneer Woman blog. I  first saw this recipe there, and knowing that the hubby orders Cajun Chicken pasta many times when we go out I figured I would try it. Unfortunately, I did not plan well and didn't have all the ingredients on hand that I needed so I made a few adaptations. Still came out delish! Score for the Pioneer Woman!

Cajun Chicken Pasta
  • 3 whole Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts,diced
  • 3 tablespoons Cajun Spice (I used some creole spice we had on hand)
  • 1 pound of pasta
  • 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
  • 6-7 small sweet peppers sliced thin
  • 1/2  Onion, Sliced
  • 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
  • 1 can of Rotel
  • 2 cups Chicken Broth
  • 1 cup Heavy Cream
  • Cayenne Pepper To Taste
  • Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
  • Salt To Taste
  • Chopped green onions
Cook the pasta, and set aside. Sprinkle 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun spice over chicken pieces coating the pieces. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a heavy skillet over high heat.Be careful as it may start smoking because of the high heat. I had to open the sliding glass door. Add the chicken; do not stir. Allow chicken to brown on one side, about 1 minute. Flip to the other side and cook an additional minute. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a  plate.
Thinly sliced peppers

Add a little bit more olive oil, then add peppers, onions, and garlic. Sprinkle on remaining Cajun spice (I used a lot!), and add salt if needed. Cook over very high heat for 1 minute, stirring gently and trying to get the vegetables as dark/black as possible. Add the can of  tomatoes and cook for an additional 30 seconds. Remove all vegetables from the pan.
With the pan over high heat, pour in the chicken broth. Cook on high for 3 to 5 minutes, scraping the bottom of the pan to get all the bits mixed into the sauce. Reduce heat to medium-low and pour in cream, stirring/whisking constantly. Cook sauce over medium-low heat for a few minutes, until cream starts to thicken the mixture. Taste and add freshly ground black pepper, cayenne pepper, and/or salt to taste. Sauce should be spicy!
Finally, add chicken and vegetables to sauce, making sure to include all the juices that have drained onto the plate. Stir and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until mixture is bubbly and hot. Add the pasta and toss to combine.
Top with chopped green onions and chow down!

This was very tasty! I'm surprised I haven't tried to make it before definite success!

On a side note has anyone tried any of her new cooking stuff? I recently bought some of the more decorative items and love them. I am interested in trying these out:
The Pioneer Woman Butterfly 3-Piece Non-Stick Fry Pan Set with Butterfly Logo, Turquoise
Let me know if you have!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your input, ideas and comments. Leave some below: